building roof pentagons

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi everybody i thought i would post in a note regarding how to create pentagon roofs for a fairfly large house i am building i am currently building the house from poltergeist the first movie an cant seem to make the pentagon roof shapes above the garage window an livingroom front windowsand they seems to be one on  the side of garage as well:)  i tried to see if i could attach the pic of the house but couldnt seem to find it anyone knows how to do this or has made them in the past would be very intrested to know how thanks 4 any help:))

Above the garage? I think that's a Hip Gable Dormer.

Easy squeezy.

I'm guessing you want it hollowed on the inside.

I could make it using about 6 prims, roof only, you would still have to make the window/wall and trim.

It could be made from a sculpt but it would loose some of the sharpness of the edges.

Send me an IM Inworld, I can send you a few examples that you can edit.

the actual cut outs there are standard sloped, with a triangular fronting piece at half it's height, and the cornes trimmed back from the sides where they extend below it...

rough shape for the sides is

______\     \ \____/

which can be done in a single piece with a cube,twisted (45/45)and path cut (0.375/0.8), with and x dimension roughly 1/3 of the y and the z flattened.... that should get you close enough to play around with the values, and bring you down to 3 prims for that roof segment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.