Want to create skins, what do I need to know?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys,

I have advanced experience texturing skins on other chat websites, and I want to start using Second Life! I was here a few years ago briefly, but a lot had changed since then.

I was wondering now, when I submit a skin, what sort of things will I need to consider?

When you buy a skin, what do you expect to recieve?

Be sure you are using the SL template for your skins or it won''t fit the Sl avatar. Next, besides the system avi, you'll want to make appliers for it so it can be worns with the mesh bodies. At the very least, you'll want to make Omega appliers for it. Those will fit most bodies in SL. There are just a few that don't use the SLUV map. As for the head, that's your choice as for which you want to use. Again, Omega is a good choice. It fits LOGO and Catwa heads. The other would be the Lelutka, but you'll need to fit that one manually since it doesn't use the SLUV head. 

Good luck.

Thankyou for your reply:)

I don't know a huge amount about mesh bodies; is Omega a very popular one? I use a Maitreya mesh body, so I'm guessing Omega is a similar type of thing?

In terms of mesh heads, is a compatible skin for mesh heads expected in skin packs, or is it generally quite rare? When I've bought skins in the past most seem to be just normal skins not with mesh appliers. 

When you buy a skin, do you expect to get all tones in a pack, with different eyebrows etc? Or are they gernerally bought in specific ranges of tones?

How much would you expect to buy a skin for?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.