Transparency in Shared Media?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I dunno if this is at all possible. I created a GIF that has a transparent background. It has a lot of frames so I figured shared media would the best and maybe only option to make this run smooth and crispy in SL. The promblem is tho, when I upload it to my blog and copy the url for the image/GIF, it does not show the transparent background when I use it in shared media, no matter what I try. Is it even possible to acomplish this at all using shared media? Has anyone ever tried this before?

Thank you both for anwsering! 

I will have to come up with a different solution. The GIF is about 300 frames long so the "old" way is not an option, image quality would be terrible at the least. A movie in shared media isn't an option either, again, the transparency will not work. Shame, it would have been a fun project....

One thing you might experiment with is cutting your gif up in smaller blocks. if you cut it in blocks of 16*16 and build a grid of say 4*4 prims and have each prim play a 16*16 piece of the animation you'd have a 64*64 pixel animation with a framelength of 256. If you use 8*8 pixel pieces you get up to 1024 frames, etc... I don't know if the animations will sync up correctly, you'd have to try this out inworld...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.