TGA image properties?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently bought one of these to put some photos in :

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Laptop/4733750

It works fine with most textures but not those made by photographing them inworld. I even downloaded the photo and uploaded it again and it still breaks the display script.

So I am trying to comapre the image properties for the TGA files that work and the photograph that doesn't to see the difference to save the photo in a compatible format, but paint.net so far as I can see doesn't show me any information on the file, just settings I can change to not what it already is. So is there something in Windows that will do this? or is there a free program I can use to do this?

It doesn't make any difference what format an image might have been when it was once on your computer.  When you upload it to SL, the servers automatically convert it to JPEG2000 format.  You do not have any TGA images in your SL inventory.  Similarly, when you download an image from your inventory to your computer, it is no longer in JPEG2000 format.  It has been converted to TGA or PNG.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that an image "breaks the display script", although it is tempting to say that you get what you pay for. A "laptop" that you buy from Marketplace for L$10 ( four cents) is worth every penny, but probably not more more than that.  It's a texture changer, doing nothing fancier than taking each image you put into its contents and displaying it on its front face.  Try putting your textures in a different texture changer or simply dropping them onto prims yourself.  I think you'll find that they all work, and that there's something wrong with that simple "laptop".

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.