Simpler Explanation on How to Rig Mesh??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I cannot seem to make sense of the videos i see on google about how to rig mesh to an avatar. Let me just mention that right now.

I run into videos that dont have the same version of Blender that I have (2.71 right now) and I dont seem to have the same Avastar Blender Mesh avi.. I do not have loops for armatures. There are no specified tabs and such as others have had in their tutorials shown all over Youtube and beyond. 

Id there anyone out there who can possibly just .. summarize if you will .. the process of rigging mesh to an avatar? I cannot seem to land on a good video with the right resources or find one with an actual spoken or written transcript to their video.. they just have a video of them doing it and no word/instruction.  

Might someone be able to help me out here, possibly saving me from my troubles of trial and error until I break my laptop trying to get it right?

• 4 weeks later...

1st!  Disclaimer!!   I know VERY little of all, but....

Maybe you need to start with an avatar 'template' in Blender, I've googled some, they are out there.

In general, it could be your Blender UI/Preference settings as well... there are sooo damn many to setup.

Even tho! All this should be included within YouTubes.. and apparently not included. Good Luck with your continued efforts!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.