Searched everywhere, so now I come here... [Texture issue]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI there, I've been wracking my brain about this issue all day. I've tried rebaking textures, switching Firestorm graphic preferences around, switching to the default SL viewer, restarting my PC, messing with resolution, even changed the pixel resolution in Photoshop, but I'm still losing a drastic amount of quality when I apply a 1024x1024 texture to a tattoo layer (used for lipstick). It's as if Second Life is forcing it to downscale, causing a tremendous loss of quality.

Here is the texture in photoshop (obligatory watermark):

And then here's my preview of it in Second Life:

I really wish I could figure this out, but I'm here now to see if maybe someone else knows what the problem is.

If this is on a system avatar, the textures will indeed be downsized automatically to 512x512 for each, (Head, Upper Body, Legs). That's the size of the baked texture maps returned from the Server Side Baking service. This has been the case since forever though. Even before SSB was in place. I believe the size of the eyes texture is even smaller than 512x512.

• Like 1

When you save your images as PNGs, are you making sure to select “interlaced”? Because I wasn’t, and was pulling my hair out over the terrible resolution inworld until a friend pointed it out.

Also, I just love that you spelled “wracking” correctly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.