Scripting Error

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have two scripts running in the gazebo that I am building. One is in the main floor that keeps phantom the prims that I put the word phantom in the name of the object. (I cannot modify the script.) The other script that I have is a texture animation script. 

I have used other scripts with my multiple phantom script before and never had any problems. The texture animation script after a bit will delete the other script automatically without me telling it to delete and no one can walk in the gazebo and they get stuck after getting up from the pillows.

This is the error that I get:

llSetPrimitiveParams error running rule #5 (PRIM_TEXTURE): arg #2 (texture name) string or key expected but integer given.

I am not a scripter and have no idea, which script is giving me this error nor how to fix it.

Can anyone help me?

Atlantis Jewell

It's not clear to me what the "phantom" script is meant to do, or even why it is necessary.  Once you set a prim phantom, it should stay that way.  You don;t need a script to keep doing it over and over again.  Unless I'm missing something here.

Meanwhile, your texture animation script seems to be poorly written.  There's no reason why it should be deleting anything other than itself.  Also, that message that it's sending is telling you that the scripter wrote the command that changes the prim texture incorrectly.  Instead of the name of the texture, the script is reading a number from somewhere and, of course, doesn't know what to do with it.  It's impossible to know exactly how it needs to be fixed without seeing the script itself.  So, unless you have some mild scripting skills, you'll need to get a scripty friend to take a look at it.

It's impossible to say without having a look at the script codes but in any case you probably shouldn't use a script to set parts of a linkset phantom anymore.

The phantom script function is really a relic of the past, a hack that was necessary back before LL replaced their physics engine. Today we have a much better option: set phsyics shape to none for the parts of the linksets you want to be phantom.

The only exception is if your gazebo contains a large numebr of scultps and very little else or if it includes one or more heavily twisted prims that need detailed physics. I those cases using physics shape none may cause a significant increase in calculated (but not actual) land impact. However, if I guess correctly, your gazebo consists of a couple of sculpts and one or more basic phsyics prim for each sculpt. If so, physics shape none sholdn't cause any increrase in land impact - it might actually reduce the LI. (Better test it in sandbox first to be absolutely sure though.)

As for the error message you get, it may look as if the creator of the script forgot to typecast a variable somewhere. You may want to contact him/her about that.

Rolig Loon wrote:

It's not clear to me what the "phantom" script is meant to do, or even why it is necessary.

It's that old llVolumeDetect function. Once upon a time that was the only way to make some parts of a linkset phantom and some non-phantom.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlVolumeDetect

Sorry, it wasn't that particular function. But there used to be an lsl function that allowed you to set just some parts of the linkset phantom. Quite useful until HAVOK came along.

ChinRey wrote:

If so, physics shape none sholdn't cause any increrase in land impact - it might actually reduce the LI. (Better test it in sandbox first to be absolutely sure though.)

You can see what the effect will be for "prim" shaped physical objects according to the new calculation in advance.

Just edit the object you want to change, then click "more info". The highest of the three numbers will be the new landimpact after the change. Setting any prim to "convex hull" or "none" can only lower that number.

If you want to fool around with different setups, a sandbox is the place to go to, but you can at least get an indication in advance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.