Question : how to convert johnny basic body into wearable shape

BM1ch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Helloo SL Community ,,

i'm new to this forum , it's barely my first question here 

i'm looking for a way to convert johnny basic body ( which comes with the basic johnny avatar ) into a wearable shape ,, as i find it really hard to get clothes for the basic body as it's parts doesn't get affected with alpha layers

Thanks for the quick respond ,

i've no problem with throwing this starter avatar , but i just can't find a good replacement , as johnny avatar looks ideal for me and my style

don't u have another idea ?!

I don't think that there is much that can be done with the basic starter mesh avatars.  You would be better off to change to one of the classic male avatars where you can use the edit appearance sliders to modify the shape, if desired, and then look on the  marketplace for male skins and hair that suit the look you are going for.   Generally skins and hairs will have demo versions, so you can try out the demos before purchasing, to make sure that you like the look. 

That's so disappointing ,, really

I don't know where to start looking , as choosing a similar shape ( which I think is similar ) then modifying it to look similar to the shape I want ,, then getting eyes , skin tone ,, that's gonna take a hell of time and tries

Well, we've been modifying our av shapes with the Appearance sliders for years.  It's kinda fun once you get started.  I've been tweaking mine since 2007 and it's feeling quite comfortable now.  :smileywink: 

Once you get your shape close to the way you like it, start shopping for skins.  That can be fun too.  You just have to be patient and not expect to get everything perfect overnight.

Almost nothing is "unchangeable" in the way that I think you mean it.  IIRC, there are 73 slider parameters, so the challenge is to adjust a few of them at a time until you start to get close to a shape that looks right to you.  I'd suggest working with the big scale parameters (av height, torso length, leg length, hip size, head shape....) first and not messing with things like the shape of your nostrils until later.  There's bound to be a lot of back and forth.  Adjust a few things, walk around a bit, try on a few different outfits, dance a little, sit down .... to see whether the shape looks decent in different settings. 

i've tried , and i can say that's impossible ,, each curve in the shape depends on another one ,, they r all connected ,, i can never even get a closer shape of what i want there are much of variables that the human brain can't deal with ,, simply no one can copy a shape that way

any other intelliget ideas ?!

Until you've practiced for a bit, maybe try starting with one of the many shapes in your Library folder.  If you choose one that's mildly close to what you want, it won't be as much work to modify it.  Other than that, what can I say?  Be patient.  Move the big rocks first.

well , now i'm trying to make a skin out of pics as i have a good knowledge of photoshop stuff ,, that's gonna give me like 90% of what i'm looking for , like original starter johnny parts ( eyes , mouth , ears , lashes , nose , beard , hair base ) ,, and that's gonna save me up a lot of time and effort u know ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.