Problem with image upload

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I have a strange defect, when I upload this image.
On my computer, the image is perfect, without any error, but when I upload it to the second life appears defects, as if I had moved into her levels in photoshop. Someone can tell me what to do to stop this error occurs or why it is happening?

Sem Título-2.png

Photoshop:

Photoshop.png

Second Life:

2.png

Nothing wrong with the texture, it looks like the flaw exists in your mesh object.

(You're also wasting about 3/4 of the available texture space and thus you're effectively only using about 256x256 texture for your object but that's another issue entirely.  You would do well to scale the UV map much bigger.)

• Like 1

This looks like typical compression artefacts. Make sure you have 'Enable Texture Compression', under Me > Preferences > Graphics > Hardware uncheckt.

Ohjiro Watanabe wrote:

I'm not sure if I understand what your problem is but I notice that you don't have "Use lossless compression" checked in your upload box.

Thankfully lossless compression uploads only work up to an image size of 128x128px. Or everybody and their little sister would upload even such wastefully mapped 1024x1024 textures uncompressed.

• Like 1

I assumed she was referring to the apparent cut in the mesh on the left breast?

I agree compression artefacts or saved as low bit colour, insufficient bits for smooth gradient transition.

OP: Exactly how are you saving from Photoshop?  file type, bit depth?

• Like 1

Sassy, ​​I'm uploading exactly the same image as shown above, but as the error exists only in Second Life I printei the screen (arriving is with the edge of sl and all). If you are looking at the difference from one to the other, you will see that the second life the image is blurred, even without is in mesh. In maya, in blender, in photoshop texture is without error. Just when I upload it to the second life that appears the error.

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

Ohjiro, this option does not appear here. As the only Arton said aprece images 128x128px.

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------

Arton, this option is already checked here. It seems that the error is not it.

Compression.png

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------

Sassy, ​​no ... I mean the same image, that when uploading to Second Life is defective. I'm saving in PNG, with the following configurations:

imagem.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.