Permanent enforced low lighting without Windlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have seen tunnels that were dark. That's kind of the idea. How would you make an interior room so that it was alway low lighting  -- even if someone had their Windlight set as bright day?

Thanks for any idea. I tried a few things and none of those worked. I know it must be possible though :D

I have a crypt that is dark inside, and it´s a seperate mesh, like the fog you can get, just it´s roughly the shape of the inside of the crypt and doesn´t move like fog and is black-ish. Maybe if you take some mod-fog :grins: and pull it into the right form and tint it dark. Just an idea if you can´t build something like that yourself and find no better solution.

• 2 weeks later...

The dark tunnels I've seen usually use a dark or black phantom prim with partial transparency.  A progressively darker tunnel would just be a lot of these off set a bit.  I think this would be hard in a room where you have to do this for every wall floor and celling. Tunnels are easier because you have a controlled direction people will be viewing from.

The other way would be to bake the lighting on every thing in the room assuming it all mesh that you have made or have files of,  or in the viewer build tools add some gray or darken colors of the textures.

I think you might be able to force some one with RLV to have setting turned to night or darken their view.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.