Paintshop pro help needed!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone!

I am looking for someone who knows how to texture AO maps and Shadow maps using paintshop pro..

I need someone who is happy to write instructions of what i need and/or teach me to do a couple of things using the programme,, I will need those written instructions though as it can take me a while to remember exactly how to do things! So if anyone would like a little project please send me an IM in world or NC.

I am more than happy to compensate for your time! but finding the tutorials or anywhere in world that teaches seems impossible!

Thanks in advance!

Ambient Occlusion and Shadow maps are made in a 3D program, as they use the information from light sources to calculate the darkened areas and shadows of a 3D object.

The 3D software will then 'bake' this information to a texture that you can apply to the object, or use it to add and create full detail textures.

Try finding out what you can from this angle.

I use paintshop pro with mesh ao shadow maps all the time. it is rather easy to texture, its just like any other paint program where you use layers.  psp can save your work in .psd format. using every new layer allows you to multiply burn, etc. until you get the look you want.   you can also bring in the   uv maps to help you understand the way the texture should lay on the map.  there isnt much to it. It just takes a lot of work to get used to working in layers , especially if the ao maps are complicted like those of say......UR.  their maps are somewhat difficult to use because you dont know what parts are what unless you test it in world so you have to be in psp and sl at the same time some times. New raster layer is your friend.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.