Object Transperancy Help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I am totally new to any type of building so I'm reaching out for a little help.

I am bascially trying to make a wall mural by creating an object, then changing the size and adding a texture. The texture that I am adding is a .png file that I have cleaned up with a transperant background in Photoshop.

The end result I'm getting looks good but I am still getting a small line around the object itself, not the image.

Is there a way to get rid of the line, i.e. make the object itself 100% transperant without affecting the texture?

I would greatly appeciate any assistance even if it is pointing to me to an online tutorial.

Thanks,

Suki

Probably you still have the texture on all the sides of the object. Try setting the texture of the whole thing to "Default Transparent Texture" (type that in the edit box after clicking the little texture preview on the texture tab of the edit dialog). Then put your texture on just the right surface, either by selecting the "Select Face" radio button, clicking on the face and choosing the texture, or by simply dragging the texture from inventory onto the right face.

If that doesn't work, there may be a non-transparent edge to your texture, due to feathering or something. Try setting the horizontal and vertical repeats to 0.99 to see if that;s the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.