Mod Help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am modifying an Inverse home (the Malibu), and unlinked all to make the home larger.  Now I cannot walk through the bottom floor without hitting something/ invisible prim?  I tried Cntrl-Alt-T yet nothing highlighted in red in this area of the house.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and how I can fix it?  I am using latest Firestorm viewer.

Thanks!

Red52

Hi Trinity - thanks for your reply.  Walking through the front (and only) door is not the problem; it seems since I made the build larger, I cannot walk past the area where the original walls were.

Red52

Hi Kwakkelde - that would be my next question... I do think the build is partly mesh, and that's what is causing the problem.  I have looked everywhere for the 'Develop menu' to check the steps you are suggesting, but cannot find it.  I am using the latest Firestorm viewer - where would I find the Develop menu?

Thanks!

Red52

For menu Develop you may do ctrl + Alt +Q

otherwise if you have the advanced menu on, you can enable the develop one from it, last line at the bottom of the advanced menu. To enable advanced menu its Ctrl + Alt + D

both menu should show at the top of your screen at the right side of the help menu.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Trinity - however still cannot access these menus. 

I have since put up a new house, and once again - cannot find/ locate invisible prims on my parcel.  Does anyone know of a group/ person or resource inworld that can help me learn how to work with mesh prims when modifying them?

Thank you,

Red52

Red52 wrote:

Thanks, Trinity - however still cannot access these menus.

If the shortcuts Ctrl-Alt-Q and Ctrl-Alt-D don't work for you to turn on Develop menu and Advanced menu you can turn them on also in the Preferences.

In Firestorm 4.6.9, open the preferences window:

Firestorm-open-preferences.jpg

In the Preferences window select the one's shown with green arrows in the image below:

Advanced and Develop menu.jpg

(PS: In the Preferences it says "Developer Menu", that is just a spelling error, actually it shoul read "Develop Menu").

ok, well , keep us updated.

if it's what im suspecting, you may IM me inworld, i ll try to find a moment to come and show you how to do.

If it's a problem with physic shapes, i wont be able to help, im afraid. But if it's the usual bug with doors linked, then i can fix it for you and teach you how to do next time.

Thanks for your offer to help, Trinity, but it is not a linked door problem.  I had my landlord look at it a couple of days ago; he thinks its a sculpty that's not showing up possibly.  He recommended an object scanner.  I found an inexpensive scanner in the MP, however, it did not identify the invisble prim. 

Not sure if its worth it to buy a more expensive scanner now.  I might try contacting the creator to see if he/she can help.

Thanks to all for your ideas :-)

Red52

There is no invisible prim. I get messages about this several times a week. The problem is usually that people do not know how to select and unlink one prim, so they unlink then relink the entire house. As Kwak says, this causes every prim set to None to revert to convex hull.

I tell customers that it is quite complicated to explain why, but by far the easiest fix is to re rez their home, and I give them this link to the "simple" version of why that is:  http://lagalleriasl.blogspot.com/2014/10/about-blocked-doorways.html   It also explains that before you unlink a prim, make note of the physics type, and restore it when/if you relink the prim. And never unlink your whole house.

ETA: It doesn't matter whether a prim is mesh or not, but whether the house uses the Land Impact type accounting rather than the old Prim accounting -- i.e. the root prim will be convex hull.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.