Mesh Question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw this dress shape on an RL model for an RL store, but I didn't like the design on it. Is there a program that can convert a picture of an item and replicate the shape in a 3D mesh file? I've been through the MP, but I haven't found anything close to it there. Can anyone help?

I've seen 3d software in RL that will do this.  However it isn't  good idea.

First you can't copy RL stuff and bring it to SL without violating someone's IP rights, which is against the TOS and RL law.

Second, just turning a pic into 3D is not going to make it usuable.  You'd need to take it into a program like blender and fit it the SL Avatar and also rig it.  Why would you go through all that trouble, which are the same steps you need to do to original mesh design work, to break the TOS and RL law? 

• Like 1

I'm definately not in the business of breaking laws. I figured if I just managed the shape of the dress it wouldn't be a violation. If it is, however, I can only attempt to try and recreate the samenshape as best I can. Thanks for letting me know though. I wasn't sure if that was, indeed, a violation or not. Now I know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.