Mesh Bodies - Creating Clothing Layers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I guess I am one of those people who have urges to make things for second life as products such as furniture or animations or clothing if I can sit still long enough to learn about it and do it.. and my most recent urge is really around the creation of tattoos and other things like clothing but for mesh bodies specifically. 

What program does one use to create something for a mesh body and do they have templates for this kind of thing? How in the hell does this work?

There are several questions I could ask but.. I think the simplest way to ask this is : Where do I begin? How do people make layers (clothing) and for mesh bodies (i.e. Maitreya Lara, Slink Physique, The Mesh Project, ect.)? Is there a tutorial out there that I just cannot find on google or something? Trust me.. Google has been the burden of my barage of questions but no answers fit my needs ..  

Lexii Lenoire (lexii.lungu)

• 4 weeks later...

Look for BLENDER.. used for 'objects' where textures are added in-world.

Textures are 'artwork' and done with photo editing programs  GIMP is one.

Both are 'opensource' and free to download, additionally being very powerful (read: complicated) to learn/use. They are also used for ALOT of other 'platforms' .. not just for virtual world 'creations'.

As for in-world info.. see Builder's Brewery for info/classes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.