LF Adobe CS6 tutorials for SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

AstroFBlaze wrote:

I'm looking for some good tutorials for Adobe CS6. New to SL and mainly looking to use it as a playground for learning 3D art & programming. Didn't know where to put this.

I'd say this is a good spot :)

Unless there is a very specfic set of skills you want to learn first, I would recommend getting familiar with the suite in general before looking for SL specific tutorials.  

The best early resource that I used was Lynda.  It is a subscription site, but it's also the cheapest of the major tutorials sites and they have a free period for people who want to try them out.  I'd recommend the trial for getting a feel for the programs you'll be using.  If you choose not to pay, at least you'll be familiar enough with the terminology to seek good free tutorials on YouTube.

Adobe also has good information and tutorials on their website.  They also have "evangelists" that put out excellent tutorials and overviews.  If you're looking for PS & LR tutorials, Terry White is excellent with tutorials and "what's new" information.  Russell Brown (Adobe) and Deke McClelland (Lynda, at least at one time) were also excellent, but were more active a few years ago.  Beyond that, I've heard great things inworld about KelbyOne.  I only have experience with their Photoshop User TV series, which is free on iTunes.

There are many, many other great resources out there but those are my recommendations for getting up and running quickly, assuming that you are a complete beginner. 

Just curious, also, but are you going to go the route of learning one program at a time or tackling the entire suite at once? 

If you want to give yoursefl a crash course the hit up google/youtube and follow some of the text effect tutorials and photo editing tutorials, many are out there for both CS5 & CS6 and there is little difference between the 2 when it comes to functionality. This will give you a good idea of many functions such as layer effect, masking, filter, shading, blending etc. Then while in youtube just search for SL clothing tutorials which will show you some basics which you can enhance using the previous tutorials.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.