Is it possible to upload meshes with PAINTED textures?

Lahemic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've made a few projects with Blender, merely scratching the surface of what I can do with a Mesh-Predicated modeling software. Infelicitously, I've found myself stumped as far as textures go.

I have endeavored reading guides, visually examining youtube videos, etc, but most are archaic and provide little to no solution on how to congruously upload a standard texture.

With that being verbalized, I found the "Paint" option, but am unsure if it's possible to upload the Mesh project WITH the painted texture.

If someone could not only apprise me if it's possible, but withal provide feedback on how to do it, I would greatly appreciate it, for this is the only place left to seek such advice.

Lahemic wrote:

Is it possible to upload meshes with PAINTED textures?

Yes.

Lahemic wrote:

I've made a few projects with Blender, merely scratching the surface of what I can do with a Mesh-Predicated modeling software. Infelicitously, I've found myself stumped as far as textures go.

I have endeavored reading guides, visually examining youtube videos, etc, but most are archaic and provide little to no solution on how to congruously upload a standard texture.

YouTube has many, many tutorials to follow that will help you, both for Blender's internal engine, and for Cycles.

Use the right search terms to meet your goals and you will find plenty.

I'll endeavor and look again. If I can't find a video providing felicitous injuctive authorizations, would you be so kind as to not only direct me to a video and/or page that can explicate how to upload textures to the objects, but withal how to upload painted objects into Second Life without losing the painted textures?

In the meantime, I'll visually perceive what I can find.

If you are painting onto a model and want to get that in world then Baking is going to be the most useful. That function renders the textures you see on the model in blender onto a png image that you can upload and drag onto your blank model in SL.

I would suggest that you should have already covered UV mapping, and Materials, before you move on to Baking.

UV mapping is pretty critical to the entire process.

Just to add to the other responses in case it isn't clear yet, you must upload your texture(s) separately after you mapped / made them on Blender, then apply the texturep(s) to your textureless mesh model using the inworld edit tool.

If you have multiple materials for the textures on your model in Blender, you might need to use the "Select face" function in the inworld editing tool to apply them where they are mapped.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.