I need help on how to create the dome changers for homes and scenes...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Sassy,

It's not terribly difficult to make a panoramic dome. You need a dome prim, of course. I make mine from a single sphere that I dimple to remove part of the bottom, and hollow to give an inside surface. Then I apply a panoramic texture to the inside and fiddle with the offset and repeat controls until I get the look I want. There are sources of free panoramic skies/horizons/views out on the web. You'll probably spend more time looking through those than actually building and texturing the dome.

To change textures via menu, you'll need script. Those are also available around the web. Here's one I wrote long ago...

// Texture picker/changer script// Madelaine McMasters// Do whatever the hell you want with this, so long as it's fun.// Drop your desired textures and this script into the Contents folder of a prim.
// Touch the prim to get a menu listing all of textures you've dropped in.
// Keep your texture names short so they don't get clipped to fit the button space.
list MENU1 = [];list MENU2 = [];integer listener;integer MENU_CHANNEL = -1000; // you'll probably want to change this to avoid running afoul of others using this scriptinteger FACE = 0; // sets the face that will be textured. // opens menu channel and displays dialogDialog(key id, list menu) { llListenRemove(listener); listener = llListen(MENU_CHANNEL, "", NULL_KEY, ""); llSetTimerEvent(60); // Set listen timeout llDialog(id, "Select a floor texture: ", menu, MENU_CHANNEL);} default{ on_rez(integer num){ llResetScript(); } touch_start(integer total_number){ integer i = 0; MENU1 = []; MENU2 = []; // count the textures in the prim to see if we need pages integer c = llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_TEXTURE); if (c <= 12){ for (; i < c; ++i) MENU1 += llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_TEXTURE, i); } else{ for (; i < 11; ++i) MENU1 += llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_TEXTURE, i); if(c > 22) c = 22; for (; i < c; ++i) MENU2 += llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_TEXTURE, i); MENU1 += ">>"; MENU2 += "<<"; } // display the dialog Dialog(llDetectedKey(0), MENU1); } listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message) { if (channel == MENU_CHANNEL){ llListenRemove(listener); if (message == ">>"){ Dialog(id, MENU2); } else if (message == "<<"){ Dialog(id, MENU1); } else{ llSetTexture(message, FACE); // display the texture selected from the menu } } } timer() { //TIME’S UP! llListenRemove(listener); llSetTimerEvent(0.0); //Stop the timer from being called repeatedly }}

It's been years since I wrote that, so I'm looking at it as if it's the very first time. It appears to handle no more than 22 different textures in two menu pages. I'm sure I've seen more capable menu managers than mine, probably written by Rolig Loon or Void Singer. You'll want to set FACE to 1, I think. That should be the inside of a hollow, uncut sphere.

Good luck!

Thank you, but thats not really what I am asking for I think...  lol.  I recently had been with a friend in a rental dome and she can hit this menu board and it auto changes home and scenes..  one touch, poof!  It can be anything from forest to beach with cabins or city apartments..  depends on which skybox is included..  its kinda like many skyboxes dropped into a changer but I dont know how or which one to use...

You're looking for a holodeck.  Unless you have the rather sophisticated building and scripting skills to create one yourself, you'll save yourself a lot of frustration by buying a ready-made one in Marketplace.  It looks like I get about 756 possibilities when I use the keyword "holodeck", although several of them are predictably bogus hits.

I found something made by some guy, and u know I cant think of his name now.. begin with an M..  anyway..  yes, like a holodeck but I dont know how to use it..  or even how to locate one for use..

No, I am not that sophisticated to create one on my own yet.. still very new in SL on building.  Getting a little further day by day but taking baby steps.. 

THANK YOU for helping me try and solve this.. its been hard finding a builder who understands what I need and how to find it and then how to use it  ...  lol..  hugs

** It was Machess I had seen something like what I am looking for**

Um..  on the Holodeck..  will it change home when it changes scenes too??  This one I had seen did it both together, like several different skyboxes and themes to choose from at the touch of the menu... the Holodecks I had seen only change backgrounds like skies and grass not homes as in skyboxes...

There are all kinds out there.  I suggest shopping at in-world stores to see what's available rather than buying sight unseen from the Marketplace, especially considering the price.  Those things aren't cheap.  There's a lot of work in the good ones.

I am still not exactly sure what it is called that I am looking for..  all I know it what it does..  a holodeck controls the outer scene, not all things inside the dome like homes and landscaping sometimes...  

Thanks for the help.. I will continue to keep asking others for help too :)

Ok...  I found what I was looking for..  it is made by Machess Lemton.  I unpacked the multi-scene regional rezzer v3.6.0

I read the instructions and tried to follow them..  well, it didnt go so well.  Not sure what I did wrong but it didnt work.  I did try to contact the maker by NC and IM as per her profile and havent gotten a response yet.  

Would anyone like to help me try and configure this properly??  I think a hands on voice would help more than reading..  

Thanks..  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.