How to extract a texture from a UUID?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings forum, I've been creating in-world items from prims, textures and such for quite some time now, and I have just found one of my early works of a hangout that my friends and I used to work on back in the days. Problem is all the textures that I uploaded, and then used as textures for various floor textures have been deleted since the time when I decided that I want to work from scratch - I now realize my mistake and that I want to rework that hangout that I had (I still have it as a cluster of editable prims that are fullperm as set by myself, luckily) but I don't have the textures to do it with.

Thankfully I keep text files of references with UUID's and other details (I've always been someone who keeps track of records and such just in case something like that happens). Is there a way to download/save to desktop those textures of the UUID's? I can still use the textures just fine, but they are outdated and I would like to rework them, and the only way I can view them are in SL but in a low-resolution square of the texture preview window. I would like to download them and then rework them in Photoshop.

Thanks for any help.

Yes indeed, apply the UUID in a script to be applied in an object, make it full bright, take a screen shot of 1 face of the object, save it as full perm to your computer, then open it into Photoshop, change the dpi to 144, cut and crop it to 256x256, 512x512 or  1024x1024  pass the sharpness filter 1x, adjust the light curve in PS to resemble the original as close as possible. Upload it into SL. DCMA n/a in this case, lol.

Voila. Mostly the same or better than the original :)

Bon chance!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.