How do I remove leftover particle effects?

Aislin69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. I hope this is the right place. I searched this question and found no answer.

I rezzed something on my land that had a particle effect. When I deleted the object, the particle effect stayed. I returned everything on the parcel to my inventory, but the particle effect is still there.

Does anyone know how I can select it and delete it? Thanks

Thank you for trying to help. :)

Tere are no prims on my land. I have returned all objects, but the particle effects are still there. These suggestions are about adding scripts to a prim to turn them off. But there are no prims.

Again, thanks, but searching Google only turned up the same thing you found.

If you removed the prim the particles should be gone.

So something must be emitting them.

Try this:

Type CTRL + Shift + Alt + N (World>Show More> Beacons) and select Particle Sources, deselecting all other options.  All particle sources should be highlighted in red.

Two possibilities that I can think of:

1. There is an invisible prim on your land. Did you go into About Land/Objects and check that there are no objects. They would show up as Parcel land impact. You can also Ctrl + Alt + T to show invisible objects.

2. The particle emitter is on neighboring land, in which case IM the owner of that land to consult them about it (ie ask them to turn it off).

Hi Aislin,

Particle effects are viewer-side things. If you've truly removed the particle generating prims and you're still seeing particles, then your viewer is malfunctioning. I don't know how such a failure would survive a relaunch of the viewer, or even a teleport. Have you relaunched your viewer or teleported away and back?

If you do those things or try another viewer and the particles are still there, then you have not removed the generator from your sim. Use World->Show->Beacons to find it.

Good luck!

Thanks Madeleine but it was an invisible object as the others said. I rezzed a Treehouse from a rezbox and it apparently created the invisible object. It was too big for my little 512m2 parcel so I did it in a sandbox and then took the pieces into inventory. On my parcel I rezzed only a few pieces and didn't like how it was coming out so I deleted them. But if there was this glowing thing, a particle effect, left over that I could not select. It was simply invisible.

Thank you everyone. Problem was in this noob's knowledge base and is all better now. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.