Home Build rezzing in mid air instead of ground level. What am I doing wrong?

JoannaVou

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I need some help. I built a simple prim home at ground level and I took it back into my inventory. When I pull it out and rezz it it is floating in mid air way above my head. It is scriptless and is made of basic prims and some hollow prims, basic cubes with  a hollow for windows. What am I doing wrong? It should be rezzing at ground level where I built it. I took it to some other sandboxes and the same thing is happening. It is rezzing in mid air instead of on the ground. I made it from scratch and the same thing is happening. Of course I can pull it down and move it to the ground but I want it to "rezz" on the ground. Can anyone help me out?

Arton, yes I do have pathcut prims in the build.  I tried unlinking and linking again and the build is still floating in mid air. It won't   "save" the positon I dragged it down to. It has an L shaped cut prim for a corner, a hollowed cube prim for the wall with a window and another path cut wall shaped like a Greek pi.

JoannaVou wrote:

It should be rezzing at ground level where I built it.

No, it doesn't work that way. It will rez such that the lowest point of any element of the linkset is on the surface where you rez it (the ground in this case), and as arton points out, that "lowest point" may not be a visible hunk of the object, but rather a carved-out piece of it. 

That bounding box can be huge in mesh or (especially) sculpted prims, as well as in the path-cut classic prims that arton mentions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.