Holodeck - multiscene rezzer - no modify items

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I while ago I saw on Marketplace a product (I do not remember the name) which was supposed to make possible the creation of holodeck or multi-scene rezzer that include no modify items. I search for it recently and could not find it.

For all items available for builders for the creation of holodecks or multi-scene rezzers, I could find, allowed only the use of COPy and MODIFY items. 

Does any one know how to include COPY but NO-MODIFY items?  May be some of you know about the products I saw a while ago? 

Thanks

• Like 1

The only reason of which I can think that an item going into a holodeck or multi-scene rezzer needs to be modifiable is that you have to be able to put a script in it, certainly to delete it when the scene changes, and probably to position it when it's rezzed, too.

But if you're making and selling a holodeck, I don't see why the items it contains would need to be modifiable by the end user.

Hello Innula,

Yes most multi-scene or holodeck building tools involve the inclusion of script in the content of the objects to be included, hence the need to be MODIFYABLE objects.

The product I had seen, a while ago, was indeed using another approach which was not involving the inclusion of a script and the only requirement was to have COPY permission.  This is this product that I would like to find again.  I searched for it quite intensively on Marketplace without success. 

I used scene, rezzer, holodeck, holoemitter, holo, rez-faux as key word but, still searching

• Like 1

• 9 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.