FOOT PRINTS OF A HOME

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I just started making homes and I have no idea how to tell the size of the house and what parcel  it will fit on .. can someone please tell me how I can do that. I am teaching myself everything and this is something that I cant seem to find out on my own ... can anyonehelp me. TY so much for your time <3 have a great day !

While it does help to know what *typical* land parcels might look like, I would not recommend trying to predict the shape/size of anyone's parcel. Just build what you want of reasonable scale and size. It's usually the customer's responsibility to have or acquire a parcel on which to place a house they like. Make aesthetics and usability  your primary concerns.

To help with general parameters, you will have both prim allowance and footprint to deal with.

A 512 square meter parcel will have a prim allowance of 117 and footprint of 16 x 32 or some other, more arbitrary dimension.

A 1024 square meter parcel will have an allowance of 234 prims and often dimensions of 32 x 32, though some other odd arrangements can be found.

Explore mainland and look at plots for sale. Stand on them and note their dimensions. You can make border template objects in whatever modeling program you use, assuming you use mesh, or prim border templates for in-world building. Then, build inside those templates.

Build your house on a base prim that you already know the dimensions of, so the the house's foundation is, say, 16 x 24m or whatever.  Make that base prim thick enough that your customer can bury it on even the roughest land surface without leaving a gap under it.  Then give it a tasteful concrete or brick texture.  At most, that base will add 0.5 L.I. to your final structure when linked and set to physics type CONVEX_HULL.

It's difficult to predict what house will fit on a parcel. What I do is offer a footprint to my customers. Basically I unlink the foundation prims from the house, then link them together and give this to anyone who asks me what size parcel they'll need for a certain build. This way the customer can try the footprint on land they're considering to see how the house will fit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.