Edits not holding

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been having an issue for quite some time now and I've searched and searched for a solution that I can't find so I'm coming here in hopes someone can help me. I am guessing it has something to do with lag. But my edits are not "holding." Sometimes I change the texture on something. Other times I simply move a prim from one location to another. Then, all of a sudden what I changed will "snap" back to it's original texture or location... or whatever I changed (rotation, glow, shine, it can be any number of things). These are items I've made myself so I have full perms to change what I want, so that is not it. It's almost like I moved or changed something and my computer forgot I changed it and jumped me back to the way it was. Like I said I am inclined to think it has something to do with lag but this happens in many locations around the grid. Any ideas? Any suggestions on what I can do to stop this? It's become VERY frustrating and I've almost completely given up creating things because now I have to fix something up to 10 times before it will stay the way I want it. Thanks :)

This was a common issue long ago and if it is happening in lots of places then it seems like it is YOU and not the SIM. 

If you are connecting via wifi, you might try connecting directly as "in the day" that was a big difference. Actually when I checked my own connection a few years ago I got 25% more bandwidth with a direct connection than via wifi.    It could also be that your computer is at the lower end of what SL needs to have now.     

Good luck. This is NOT prevelent as far as I know. I am sure some of my creator friends would have been complaining. 

• 5 months later...

Actually, this is VERY prevalent.  I run into this quite often, and it is bloody annoying. Mainly when there is a lot of traffic on a SIM, or some other network slowdown - and yes, this could potentially be on client side, but it also happens server side frequently.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.