Copy/Paste with Linked objects

Gene Turner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am customizing a home. It has lots of glass windows. The windows are controlled by a master control for tint. Part of my customization is removing a wall and install a same size window as other existing windows in the home. The majority of the home is linked. So removing a wall is clicking the home, then edit, then edit linked, then selecting the object and unlinking it. Once unlinked from the rest of the home, deleting it. Fairly straight forward.

The window is a little different. Yes, I can do the same as the wall but instead of deleting it, I can take a copy. Find the copy and rez it and place it in the proper location. But the master control now fails to operate. Have placed the window and even linked it back into the home without success with the master control. I have made this work before but have forgotten how I did it.

Any help would be most welcomed...

Without seeing the house and digging into the scripts, all anyone can do is guess.  It's possible, for example, that you scrambled the link order by removing and replacing links.  If the master control is looking for windows by link number -- a bad scripting practice, but it happens -- it won't know which prim to talk to.  Or maybe the new window is missing some important parameter that should be coded into its Description field.  Or it could be that the master control script simply needs to be restarted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.