Can't rezz on my own property (newbie alert)

Kuux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.  I won a property at auction and purchased a small cabin and gezebo for it.  I put the

rezzer down on the ground and the click it and the rezz button appears, but when I click

the rezz button an error message comes up saying the owner doesn't allow rezzing. 

I am the owner.  I've double checked the "about land" tool and see that I am the owner and

that building etc is allowed for "everyone" including groups and myself. 

What could be the problem?  Thank you,

kuux

Two common problems:

1. You are not wearing the proper group tag when you try to rez the object

2. You are rezzing too close to the parcel boundary and are lapping over onto your neighbor's land.  This is especially likely if you are trying to unpack a building with a large footprint.  When in doubt, rez close to the center of your parcel and then move the object later.

No.  No group at all. 

Some other problem.  Couldn't be the size/boundry thing  because there's nothing about that in

the error message.  It just says it's not allowed by the owner.  But I'm the owner.  ???

kuux

Be sure that your building prims are not too many for your land capacity. 

A lot of 512 is 117 prims - if your house is more than that you can't rez it.

Your "About Land Tab" will show lot size and prim totals:)

If the building size or footprint is too large for yur lot you will also not be able to rez it.

I agree it is most like the size boundary. In fact your house could easily be too big for your lot.

Here is a way to test.

Turn on Property Lines so you can see them. In Firestorm it is World > Show More > Property lines.

Rez a cube and resize to fit your property. Since it is a small piece you should be able to do that with a single prim.

Name the cube "footprint test" or whatever, take it into your inventory.

Take that to a sandbox and rez the footprint first. THEN rez your house and see if the house is too big for the lot. If it will "fit" but just barely then note which is the widest part etc and set the rez box up in the correct direction for your lot. If it is too big there are plenty of wonderful builds for small and 512 lots.

Good luck.

I think if it was the prim overage you would get a "not enough prims" type of error rather than the "owner doesn't allow error".  Pretty sure anyway :D

But of course ALWAYS good to check. If your house is 110 prims and you are on a 512 with 117 -- it is going to be very minialist for furniture. Easy to do when you are new. We all learn :D. Sometimes slowly LOL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.