Building with an Alt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I normally build with my main avie, but I have been getting a lot of requests to build for big avatars. So I am in the process of building with my alt, but when I contacted a creator for permission to build with her items she no, but said the following:

You can use them in your current avatar and just link it so your other avatar is the creator.

I sent an inquiry to this creator, but she is ignoring me. Can anyone explain this line to me and if it is possible how to do this?

Sincerely,

Atlantis Jewell

I'm not sure what she is telling you to do is a solution.  She means to build it with your main, then send it to your alt and link it to a root prim your alt created.  However if her license says you can't transfer the item you got from her to build your item full perm, then you'd be in violation of the license, or unable to sell it if you transferred it as copy only.

It is not uncommon for full perm creators to forbid the transfer of their items to an alt because they have no way of knowing if your alt is really you. 

To be absolutely safe, I'd clarify with her if you can transfer your build to your alt full perm.  Get her to put it in writing on a no mod notecard if she gives you permission.  If she says no or doesn't answer, you'll have to buy the item with your alt to make it full perm to your alt.

If it is just a SIZE issue as you seem to state, there is no reason to build with an alt. Simply change to a larger shape like the one you are using for your alt. You can be a guy or a gal or a horse or a bird in SL.  I have on occassion been all of those LOL.  

Just make an outfi with the big alt shape and you can easily switch back and forth.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.