Blender: Creating Hair using Hair Lab Add-On?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This would go in the MESH category :D.

Based on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbXr0wiyxqo   which is really hard to follow as fast and no sound -- it doesn't look like a viable choice for making hair to import into this type of platform - too heavy a mesh as finished product. I did see a note on another thread (just did a Google search) saying that in 2012 it could be used to import into Unity. I really don't know anything about unity.

I have made hair in Blender and it does take some time. 

Well, maybe Hair Lab is not compatible with Second Life.  So much for that idea.

But I did read about the idea of creating polygon hair, and I think that may seem more promising.  Or I could use bezier curves and make the strands bigger and modify and shape them.  And when finished segments of the hair, add a hair texture.

Any non-video tutorials on how to create polygon hair or hair using bezier curves?  Video tutorials are hard for me to understand, as sometimes they are so fast, and I think tutorials in text format on a website would be more understandable for me.

I intend to learn to create mesh items, and I do admit, it's hard at first (and I had just gotten started), but I think after several weeks, I should get the hang of it.  Plus I am in no rush to get the task completed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.