Applying a no copy/no transfer texture to PAWS canine/feline/deer etc head?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know that it's possible because a friend of mine used a no copy/no transfer texture on a PAWS feline head with no problem, but I can't seem to work out how he did it; I could just ask him but I want to make for certain that I can't before I do.

Would anyone be able to assist me?

Oh so you already have the texture with those perms. Since I have never seen one like that, I would not know any special way to apply it.

I still wonder why you would come to a forum instead of your friend first but I supposed that is classified info.

Hmm I don't know of any way to create a texture that is both no copy AND no transfer.

You can however apply a no copy, yes transfer texture or a yes copy, no transfer texture to an object or attachment.

Be aware that the object will inherit the restricted permissions from the texture you apply though, however applying a no copy texture to a worn attachment doesn't actually change the attachment permissions to no copy or remove the no copy texture from inventory if you apply the texture "in a certain way".  This has been broken for years & no-one seems to care about fixing it  ;)

Are you 100% sure the texture you want to apply is both no copy AND no transfer?

What everyone is saying (perhaps too politely) is that you can't have a texture which is both no copy and no trans. The permission system is such that you have to allow one or the other on an object.

Even if a glitch did happen, it wouldn't affect the way a texture was applied to an object manually. No mod is the one which affects editing.

So what the previous responders are saying is that you've misunderstood something in the situation. I looked up the items in marketplace and they look to be standard mesh where you simply drag your texture from inventory onto the object or into the texture window whilst editing the object. A few of the reviews praised the completeness of the instructions and simplicity of use.

Have you tried dragging the texture onto the object or into the texture window?

This is a niche object so chances of finding someone who has used it on the forums isn't all that high. Since you have a friend who has, asking that person will be a far simpler and more productive route.If you are absolutely determined to make the person you know can answer your question your last resort, you could ask the item's creator. Chances are they will be as confused as those who have posted here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.