All of the sudden I can't get this texture to work!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, over the years ive tried different ways of displaying my items in-world... and years ago I did just the clothing on hangers PNG type deal... worked great... however!!!! I want to do a mix of that and worn on avi displays( which is what ive been doing) and for some reason I keep getting this ring or border of color around the clothing on the PNG... I will post a picture with this post... 

I for the life of me cant figure out what's happening! i never had this problem before nor can i figure out any way of fixing it... I've tried different windlights, different graphics settings, and different tools in PS... 

if anyone had any idea of whats going on or how to fix it, ANY AND ALL feedback would be SO helpful!! 

TIA<3

You're seeing the "white halo" effect, for which there are several different cures.  One of the best explanations was written years ago by Chosen Few and posted in the old Texturing Forum archives.  Go to http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/109/32/80851/1.html and scroll down to his section labelled Why do I see a white halo around my partially transparent images in SL?

I avoid using PNG because I find that I have better control over alpha channel issues with the TGA format, but that's a personal preference.  In Photoshop, I never get a white halo if I leave my image layer intact, select the area that I am interested in -- the pants in your example -- and save it as the alpha channel image. As long as I leave no clear area in my image layer, there's no halo.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.