Advanced texturing for mesh

Spinell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the emsh forum or here, but since this is a texturing question, thought this was the right place.

I had a revelation recently: one of the best ways for me to learn meshing is to look at other-people's models. I get a lot of info just messing around with pre-made stuff. I recently downloaded some models from actual videogames and was surprised to find something: the mesh models themselves were very simple and easy to construct. Do you know what made them look so beautiful, clean and professional, to be included in a comercial videogame?

The textures!

They were absolutely amazing. So, despite my initial belief that I had o model in mesh the most intricate details, I now have to turn the other way and learn advanced texturing techniques.

I'm looking for tutorials to texture mesh in blender, in combination with Photoshop. I'm looking for advanced techniques, even if I don't understand everything: I usually work best when I watch something rather complex and them go look for the details myself, so I can handle it.

Hit me with the best photoshop and blender-texturing tutorials you possibly have. My objective is to get to the level where I can create something that looks AS GOOD as this:

http://firstkeeper.deviantart.com/art/Leya-Hirsing-Texture-sheet-182710904?q=boost%3Apopular%20((leya)%20AND%20(by%3Afirstkeeper))&qo=3

http://firstkeeper.deviantart.com/art/Leya-Hirsing-Presentation-shot-182711014?q=boost%3Apopular%20((leya)%20AND%20(by%3Afirstkeeper))&qo=0

• Like 1

Spinell wrote:

They were absolutely amazing. So, despite my initial belief that I had o model in mesh the most intricate details, I now have to turn the other way and learn advanced texturing techniques.

Well, you may not want to turn all the way round the other way just yet......because one way of creating high detailed textures is to create a very high detailed mesh model, then use that to build up your materials and to bake in the shadows, then apply that end texture to a much more simplified version of the model in SL. This allows you to maintain allot of the detail from the original high poly model whilst maintaining a low LI in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.