why wont my hover stay set?

2Lips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Are you sure that it doesn't?  The big reason why Linden Lab made the hover height setting so easy to get to in the update last summer was that hover height varies all over the grid.  There are loads of mesh surfaces to walk on, including the ground, and they each have bounding boxes with different shapes.  As a result, you can walk from one place to another in the same parcel and find yourself floating or sinking.  If you are really picky about getting it right, you have to adjust it all the time.

You mean you sort of sink slowly, instead of hovering?  Maybe you are too high up without flight assist turned on...although I think they incorporated flight at any altitude without a flight assist into the viewer some time back.  Or maybe you have joystick input enabled in your Preferences, and your joystick (or if you don't have one, whatever your computer THINKS your joystick is set to) is putting you in a slow descent.

Or do you mean that your hover turns off?  This can happen, if you 1) have your preferences set to "WASD keys move me" and 2) type the letter F when your cursor is not in the chat or IM text entry bar.  The letter E or the PageUp key make you go up.  The C or PgDn make you descend.  F or HOME turns flight on or off.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.