how to save outfits for mesh avi

PrimroseSnowsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

Saving an outfit is simple. So, you must be misunderstanding how to save an outfit.

The Knowledge Base has an article here: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Saving-your-avatar-s-appearance-with-outfits/ta-p/3029390

Basically dress your avatar as you want it to appear. HUD's AO's, RLV collars, mesh body, head, hands feet... get it all the way you want. 

There is an Outfits Button (In Linden viewers labeled Appearance - the T-shirt icon) you can put it on screen for quick access. If you do not have it showing, right-click any button and select Tool Bar Buttons... You can drag the button to the left, bottom, or right tool bar areas.

Click Save As... at the bottom of the Appearance panel. Name it and click OK. You have an outfit.

If this isn't working you need to give us way more info. CLick the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... and copy paste that info into your post. Describe step by step what you are doing. Each click.

---

I name outfits starting with an '!' so they sort out ahead of the library outfits. I also use grouping names like; dress short, dess mid, dress long, top and pants, swimsuite, etc. as the Linden viewer does not allow folders. I also include a date to make is easier to know what I may want to delete.

Next is the problem with mesh bodies...

If you have an outfit with one skin and another with a different skin you'll likely run into the problem. Say I put on my Slink body and the YSSY skin I happen to like and build my outfit. Say I name it: Red Hawt Chick. Later I build a new outfit and I use a Glamour skin then dress it and name the outfit, Long Tall Woman

If I use only one Slink body, then when I go back to the Red Hawt outfit I will find I am wearing the Galmour skin.

To avoid the problem we use copies of the mesh items that are changable when making outfits. To make that easier, I have my base outfits that I start from, !!Nude Slink Viola and !!Nude Slink Glamour. I use a different copy of the Slink body in each outfit.

I do the same with mesh pants and things from fat packs. Then when I put on the outfit everything is as I made it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.