how to mae the m3 HUD fuction? skins and shapes aplly help

spacefluff

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

im pretty new ok..  soo.. ive been trying to get the m3 head to work properly and to apply skins to it

but it keeps giving me these green syringe things.

in the instructions it will say to put it on the ground click it and then it supposedly will allow me to press a button that says load all...

thing is there is no load all button

when i look up more info it just tells me to go to the pizza wheel options menu

which is also an issue because that doesnt seem to be a thing anymore either.
-or maybe im wrong.

what I am saying it that all tutorials i find are made in 2009

can anyone give a step by step tutorial for the current version of sl on how appliers (the items things that open and only show a script thing that im not allowed to view) work?

3 answers to this question

We can't answer questions about individual products in Answers.  There are just too many of them, and there's no way to know how any specific one works. ( In fact, I have no clue what an m3 head is.  The closest I can find in Marketplace is this thing >>> https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/M3-Eyes-Controller-HUD/6643207 ).  Your best bet is to get in touch with the merchant you bought it from and ask for instructions if you can't figure them out from the notecard that came with it.

BTW, 2009 was years before mesh attachments were available in SL and before anyone had thought of appliers.  If you are looking for tutorials, anything that old is totally irrelevant.

hi spacefluff, the syringe is an applier. try adding it to your avatar before you click on it, and make sure you are somewhere that allows scripts to run. rezzing on the ground is an alternative but not necessary, you should wear the head and HUD first.

if the applier is working, simply clicking on it will bring up the apply dialog.

don't worry about the pie menu references, some viewers still use it. the regular menu you see when you right-click on things has all the same options, just arranged differently.

those tutorials are not from 2009, M3 heads are mesh.

• Like 2

The part about putting it on the ground and clicking it refers, I think, to opening the box the item comes in.  For more details on opening boxes and getting the stuff out of them and into your inventory, see this link: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185

The "pizza wheel" menu (more usually called the "pie menu") is now called the "context menu" because it presents a series of choices that are proper "in context" when you right click something.  Some viewers have the option to show this as a pie-type menu, or a simple rectangular window with a list of choices...the latter is what you see when you use the standard viewer.

Appliers are a type of HUD.  HUD is short for "heads up display" and it refers to any item that attaches to one of your on-screen attach points and provides some controls you can click to do things.  To use a HUD, right click it in your inventory and select ADD.  It will appear on your screen.  You can then right click it and edit it to put it anywhere on your screen you want...usually in a free corner somewhere.

The purpose of an applier is to "apply" a texture...a skin tone, or a clothing texture...to a mesh body part.  When you buy an outfit that says, for example, "appliers for Maitreya" it means that the outfit can be worn with the mesh body made by Maitreya, by using the applier included in the outfit to color the appropriate areas of the mesh body.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.