how rebake myself

veronicablack Darkstone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Rebaking isn`t always the answer to rendering problems, if there is an underlying cause why your avatar has not downloaded it is that which needs to be fixed.

Do you just have some blurry textures on your avatar or are you a cloud?

If you are a cloud, try:

Method 1
Create a folder, name it something easy to find so you can always keep it in your inventory for future use, like Normal Me or whatever.
Put a copy of your usual basic components in there...Skin, shape, eyes, hair (including bald base) & a basic shirt and pair of pants.
Right click on the folder and select REPLACE

Method 2
Reset your avvie to default, depending which viewer you are using this is done here:
Advanced Menu >>Character>>Character Tests >> Test Male (or Female)
or
Developers Menu (ctrl alt Q)>>Avatar>>Character Tests>>Test Male (or Female)

• Like 2

Sometimes the reason for clothing or skins not loading varies.

The way I usually solve this issue, is I take off a piece of clothing, usually undershirt, shirt or jacket layer. This will force your avatar to rebake. It works 100% of the time for me, but it may be different for you. I would try out what Peewee has suggested if all else fails. :)

One has to have the Advanced menu showing and visible for the Ctrl-Alt-R keyboard shortcut (for rebake) to work.

Hit Ctrl-Alt-D (or Show Advanced from Phoenix menu if using Phoenix viewer) to show the Advanced menu.

Then once the menu is available you can hit Ctrl-Alt-R (or Advanced Menu->Character->Rebake Textures) and rebake should work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.