HellKatzen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Probably, yes.  It sounds like you are not fully logged in.  If you have an unreliable Internet connection, your viewer and the SL servers can't make the final, vital connections that give you access to your inventory, group lists, friends list, and other databases, and your avatar won't finish rezzing, so it stays a cloud.  If you've been using wireless, don't. Many SL residents have no trouble at all with wifi, but it is not supported by Linden Lab. (See https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Wifi-and-satellite-connections/ta-p/1296823 )  Try rebooting both your modem and your router by unplugging them from the power for a few minutes.  Then plug them back in and restart your computer.  Those steps should clear up the problem. If not, take a look at more advanced steps in Nalates's blog at http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/ .

HellKatzen wrote:

so all  of my accounst are clouds today , no sound . contact list wont acess  nor will my groups . stuff in my home  not rezzing or showing missing  an ik was there ealier before m,atenaice is it just me having these issues

Many regions were restarted for the weekly server maintenance today and lately a few restarted regions will come back up with a problem called "caps ['capabilites'] failure" - they don't reconnect properly to various Linden Lab services. What you're describing sounds like this problem. From the login screen, try logging into a completely different region from the one you were trying to log into - do not try logging into your usual region and then going somewhere else. The various connections that are failing on that region should work on another one. A region with caps failures can usually be fixed with a region restart

well tried this an says i have Firestorm 4.7.1 (45325) Apr 30 2015 17:58:10 (Firestorm-Beta) with OpenSimulator support

Release Notes

You are at 194.0, 45.1, 23.5 in Buffo located at sim9209.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.42.145:13001)

SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Buffo/194/45/23

(global coordinates 261,058.0, 313,645.0, 23.5)

Second Life Server 15.06.02.302254

Error fetching server release notes URL.

CPU: AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor (3624.22 MHz)

Memory: 16365 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 9200)

Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1172

OpenGL Version: 4.2.12002 Compatibility Profile Context 9.12.0.0

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.38.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1i zlib/1.2.8

J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.5

Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.41

Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)

Voice Server Version: Vivox

Settings mode: Firestorm

Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)

Font Used: Deja Vu (96)

Draw distance: 128

Bandwidth: 500

LOD factor: 2

Render quality: High-Ultra (6/7)

Advanced Lighting Model: Yes

Texture memory: 512 MB (1)

VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2015-6-25T1:6:46

Built with MSVC version 1600

Packets Lost: 0/11,184 (0.0%)

im confused as uninstalled the veier got rid of all hiden files everything reinstalled it an still same thing

Why did you reinstall the viewer? That's not likely to do anything for you. It's either a connection issue, as I suggested, or it's the capabilities problem that Theresa posted about. If you tried the things that I suggested and they didn't work, try her suggestion. Log in at a different region. Try Smith or Pooley. They are nice, safe, quiet regions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.