Why when flying my helicopter and cross a SIM my my legs stick out of the bottom of the chopper?

RuiBerto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey all, every time I'm flying my Helicopter and come to a SIM crossing its like my AVI stands up and stays like that, I have tried with and without my AO it still happens, is there a setting that would prevent this from happening and is it only me seeing this? Cuse if it is its not as bad lol I would appreciate if anyone has a fix

PS I use Firestorm Viewer.

Hey there, first of all I would like to tank all of you for your help, I'm glad for all your answers, I'm happy to announce that the problem has been fixed and it was my built in Firestorm AO not my own AO, once again thanks and keep up with the good work I'm glad there is people out there trying to help others.

Cheers

4 answers to this question

Firstly there's no reason to capitalise sim - it's not an acronym and unrelated from cellphone Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) cards. It's a contraction of simulator. This is also true for 'avi', though you're probably confusing that with the video format.

Secondly the Answers section is not suited to dealing with queries relating to specific products. Standing up on region crossing is not normal behaviour but can be caused by lag or purposely-designed scripting. It's not possible for us to test or fix either issue.

Animation controls are not limited to AOs, you may also want to check other attachments. It's also not possible to guess whether this is a local effect or not. You'll have to test the causes and processes at work yourself.

Hallo, RuiBerto

Crossing a sim is a very complicated process. What you see may seem like a straightforward view, like in real life, but every detail from your avatar and from the vehicle that you are travelling in has to go from one sim to the next via servers, and although I may be putting this in quite a clumsy way, it was explained at a Server Beta User Group by a Linden technical person a couple of years ago (I am unable to find the link in this moment). 

Some of the information relating to your avatar - be it attachments, HUDs, or vehicles that you are sitting in - may pass from one server to another at a slightly different speed.  This is the reason why your avatar may become separated from the vehicle.

This can change from update to update too - and from sim to sim.  Updates are every Tuesday (see threads on these forums authored by Caleb Linden currently for full details).

Sim crossings have been a bone of contention, especially with vehicle users, for many years :(

The "fun" is, often what you see on your own viewer screen, can be very different to other people who you may be travelling with.  Its kind of fun to some of us, frustrating to the more serious travellers though. 

I would have guessed that it was a problem with your AO too.  It was good to test that.  It's not unusual to have wierd behavior at region borders, especially if you are crossing into or out of a region running  different server software, but what you're seeing is pretty extreme.  Take Lindal's advice and try the same region crossings with a different vehicle.  I think you'll find that it's peculiar to that helicopter.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.