When I log in, i am wearing all kinds of crazy things from my inventory

Jartus Freck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So i have already sent LL a support ticket, and talked to one of their support team in live chat, but i thought i would see if anyone here has any answers for my problem

I normally use Firestorm, but this problem still occurs on SL viewer as well as phoenix (phoenix is the only one that doesn't crash shortly after I rez)

I have also tried logging in on a different computer, and it still happens

I have cleared cache, changed graphic settings, and taken every object off until my avatar was naked and tried relogging . .it still happens

What is happening is this: Everytime I log in, my avatar is wearing tons of strange things from my inventory, anywhere from houses, to clothes, to smoke emitters, particles, hair, weapons, all at once, so much it covers the whole screen and I can't see anything.  I can change my outfit, and it gets rid of everything and puts me in the right outfit, however next time I log in, it does it again.  It has been doing this for two days now.  I have submitted a ticket, as well as talked to a LL support guy in live chat, and still can't figure out what the problem is. 

Is anyone else having this issue, or have you had this issue before, and know how to fix it?

I have also logged in on some of my alt accounts, and they are having no problems.

12 answers to this question

That's a little odd.  Something I've never heard of (the part about wearing houses and other things that you would never intentionally attach to your avatar).  But it still sounds like something is wrong with the cache.  What I'm going to suggest may sound complicated but it's really not.  First log into SL (any viewer but I would suggest an official SL viewer.......only because ti has all the features LL has introduced without any "tweaking" like the TPV's would do).  Do this with the avatar you are having this issue with.  Remove all attachments and clothing......even hair and bald caps, shoes, fingernails, toenails or tattoos (everything until there's nothing more to remove or detach).  Then to to your library and find an avatar that has the "built in" underwear..........one of the ones that you can not get completely naked with.  Put it on then, again remove everything that can be removed until you are as naked as you can get with that avatar..  Go to your preferences and to the tab where you would clear your cache using the viewer......make a note of the cache location (write it down or copy it to a simple text editor so that you can find it on your computer.  Log off and then go to the location for your cache.  Delete every file in the final folder of the path to your cache (select all and delete).  Reboot your computer (actually do a complete shut down and wait a minute or so before rebooting...........don't just "restart").  Launch your viewer but before you log in change your log in location to one of the Linden Lab maintained sims........Pooley, Smith, Lime, Aqua are four that I can think of off the top of my head.  If the log choice is not available, go to your preferences and (I think on the General tab) make sure the "Show Log in" is checked.  Then log in to one of those sims.  The only things to do once you get there is to take a couple steps away from the landing point (so that other arriving avatars don't land on you) and to open your inventory.  Your inventory counter should have started "fetching".  If not jump start it by typing random letters slowly in the search field for your inventory unitl it starts. Then just wait unitl your inventory has loaded completely.  You can tell with it's done once it says "xxxxx items fetched" instead of "fetching".  TP home or where ever you normally log into and change your avatar back to your norma skin, shape and clothing (hopefully you have those saved).  Log off and log back on........make sure you change you log in location back to home or where ever you normally log into.   That should fix you...........at least I hope so.  :)

• Like 3

In addition to Peggy's excellent answer,

When you are clearing your cache, check and see if you are sharing the same cache location among different viewers.  If you are...stop doing that.  Establish a different cache location for each viewer.  Shared cache files are convenient when they work, but can produce some odd glitches.

I am having the same problem, the worst issue is because Linden labs take years to attend our problems even when you are a premium member. 

Somehow using firestorm  added all my inventory to the AVI, SL viewer was validated to avoid wearing too much objects, but it appears to be an open issue maybe on the SL update or even in the firestorm viewer, what I was using (the newest versions both).

The proposed solution cannot be correct, the solution ask for detaching all your objects, but thats the real problem, it comes impossible detaching all the objects because viewer crashes when trying to attaching them, solution should come from other point or by being solved by Linden Labs support.

I am having the same problem since yesterday!

Specifics:

• All viewers based on the V2 code (Firestorm, Exodus, Second life Official Viewer) use all my attachment points, so when I log in with one of these, my avatar has all different kinds of attachments to its full capacity. I do not know if it is of any importance but all these attachments are from my folders in 'Clothing' folder. Phoenix or Singularity(with mesh) do not cause this problem.
  • Attachments include not only avatar but the HUD points aswell. I ended up with 4 copies of my AO on me.
  • Tried removing all attachments at once from Worn tab of Inventory, after it had all loaded :  sometimes the viewer just crashed, others it worked.
  • Tried character test, viewer has crashed all the times.
  • Tried moving from one server to the other, the bug was not fixed.
  • Tried 'Replace Current outfit' even after inventory has loaded, the viewer crashed all the times.

I can just use any v1 based viewer to avoid the problem but it is not an actual solution.

I tried clearing cache, waiting for inventory to load but, no matter what, all attachments (different on every try) re-attach on my avatar, even if I am only trying to wear a clothing layer and not an attachment.

Thanks in advance.

Help->About Firestorm

Firestorm 3.2.2 (24336) Nov 27 2011 17:05:37 (Firestorm-Release)
Release Notes

You are at 262,016.0, 244,606.0, 23.0 in Magnum Sandbox 3 located at sim9161.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.42.97:13003)
Second Life RC Magnum 12.01.27.248571
Release Notes

CPU: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU     P8800  @ 2.66GHz (2660 MHz)
Memory: 2554 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 260M/PCI/SSE2

Snapshots

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/snapshot008wa.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/snapshot007i.png/http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/snapshot005wt.png/http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/snapshot006n.png/

I had the same problem for 3 days, then I asked in a support group and they give an object named "av bug fix". Inside this box you can find 2 folders that are 2 outfits, wearing them consecutively and then putting on one of my outfits it works!!

The problem is that after 2 days the problem was back again and I had to redo all the procedure with "av bug fix".

I have tryed doing a ticket to LL but they only send me the link to this forum.

If someone need this "av bug fix" you can contact me in world even if I think this is just a temporary solution.

There is more information on this problem as of May 2012.

We know the cause and the fix. The cause is a true gotcha. The problem is triggered when one wears an Outfit or folder, using replace, add, or wear. Between the time the folder or outfit folder is selected and the time we click Replace, Add, or whatever the viewer changes our selection.

This change is apparently caused by a Calling Card update. Those happen when friends log on and off. 

When we click 'Wear', or whatever, we re telling the viewer to wear the whole freaking inventory. Then, while we can remove things, each time we login new stuff is attached.

Removing things is point less they keep getting added back. The fix is to clean up the Current Outfit and whatever Outfit may have been corrupted by the Wear All Inventory move. The fix is to visit an empty and deserted region, may a new outfit without any attachments and only the very basic nude avatar. Replace the Current Outfit with the newly made next to nothing outfit.

There are complications and other factors. You can read about those in: Second Life Wearing All Inventory

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.