Skin Rezzing Issues

Lyric Lyvingstone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm having an issue with certain pre-made outfits. When I rezz some of them my top half (shirt area and nails) are completely pink, like it has a skin pigment problem. I've tried detaching all attachments, putting on and taking off all clothes, skins, hair, etc. and nothing is working. I have no idea what the problem could be or how to fix it. Please help??

5 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Lyric

It sounds like you have the same problem as this other forum poster had a few days ago. Hopefully something in the thread will help you...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/My-Avatar-is-two-colors-top-pink-color-and-bottom-tan-Can-t-buy/m-p/1554453/message-uid/1554453#U1554453

If you need to add more to this thread, please do so by clicking in "options" at the top right hand corner of your original post and "edit" to write more on your post. 

Can you please post your computer specifications. Open SL to login page > select Help > About Second Life and then copy/paste the computer details using Options > Edit on the right of  your post. This may just show the graphics card series so if you know the actual card within the series, please add that information. Also, include what viewer you are using and what Catalyst version you're using (if an ATI card as I'm pretty sure it is).

This bug was fixed (I suffered from this skin bug myself) but seems to be popping up again very recently for some people (not me) so either something has changed in the viewer to cause this or more likely it's now affecting those using certain graphics cards or drivers..

Here is another thread http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/What-s-going-on-with-my-skins/m-p/1555261#M19993

Edit: Disabling Basic Shaders in Preferences > Graphics may be a temporary workaround but  can still cause issues and it's not a pretty workaround. What may work better is to create and use outfits when changing as the bug is more inclined to strike when changing individual system layers such as a top or skin but affects outfits less.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.