Problems with alpha layers

Alexandra Barcelos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Don't know of any known issue but someone else might. The only instance of this that I have noted is when the alpha layer is loading -- sometimes this takes awhile. After it has loaded, it is fine. If your friend sees the alpha layer flashing after a few minutes, then there is a problem. If it is that OTHERS see her feet, that is most likely just the alpha loading.

Not sure if this helps :D.   I have had the same "while loading" issue on various viewers so that seems to be just a loading issue. I have a very fast connection and graphics card, so what takes up to ten seconds for me could take much longer for her, depending on her system.

I was just wondering if your friend had resolved this issue.

I have now find that if I wear alpha layers on any part of the body, or look at another avatar wearing alpha layers, then I too experience the same flickering and almost a jigsaw puzzle where parts of the skin appear to poke through the alpha layer.

I am using the latest Phoenix viewer, a good graphics card with up to date drivers, and my settings are on High.  I have tried changing to Ultra but that made no difference.

Internet speed is 30 mb/s cable, so no problem there either.

EDIT

After testing many things, including more clean installs, I settled back to use Phoenix v.1050 rather than the new versions which appeared to give me more issues.

I was still intrigued though why I could not view alpha layers cleanly and kept trying different things.

One thing that has "annoyed" me for a while are the silly little shadows under avatars' feet.  By chance, I came across an option to not show them (in Phoenix v. 1050 it is found at ... Advanced / Rendering / Features / Foot Shadows).  I selected not to show the foot shadows.

I just happened to be wearing an alpha layer to conceal hands at the time and... with no foot shadows selected the alpha layer was clean.  For some reason, the foot shadows were having some effect on alpha layers not showing correctly.

Hope this "fix" might help anyone else who encounters the same issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.