Problem with My Outfits

Nyll Bergbahn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Anyone else having an issue with My Outfits in v3 today? When I logged in this evening I tried wearing a different outfit to what I had on but it stuck in 'Changing outfits' so I logged off and when I came back I was a cloud. I exhausted every single remedy with no success. Odd thing, my alt could see me mostly Ruthed (with an odd shoe of mine on) on her viewer after I did a character test but I was a cloud on my viewer. It wasn't my graphics card or network playing up.

Anyway, tried Live Chat to see if I could get my avatar looked at but he just repeated everything I'd already done. I reinstalled the viewer after deleting the Roaming folder in AppData (the uninstall seemed to have deleted the cache in Local) and at last I could see my avatar after a few seconds. I tried changing outfits and once again it's stuck in Changing outfits for ages now although I can wear clothes etc direct from Inventory.

This is happening to my alt too and in Kirstens as well as v3 so must be a server issue. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or has come across it. Maybe it's just my avatar.

Changing outfits.JPG

EDIT: Ok, thanks Charlotte and Keli, thing is I have good fps and no lag where I am but changing clothes is really slow now for me tonight and My Outfits is still stuck in Changing outfits. I've reinstalled, cleared appdata folders, gone to a linden water sim etc and still the same. I'm out of ideas if everyone else is ok.

EDIT: Deleted the prefetch file and now when I log in, I'm a cloud again and nothing works...grrrrrrr. Restarted my modem/router this time too and still no luck. Time for Support I guess.

EDIT: Weird, logged in my other alt and she rezzed perfectly in a second or two so my graphics card is fine. FPS is ok even with three viewers going, textures rez fine in all three, but my main av and one alt are borked. Main av is a cloud in her own viewer and looks badly ruthed in the other two, which is weird in itself. I just can't understand this. It can't be my computer if one alt is absolutely perfect and she was last to log in. I could understand one avatar being borked but two is just crazy.

6 answers to this question

When I have had problems like this in the past I TP to a place like Torley Island where I know I will get good frame rates. Then I just change one item of clothes like a top or something and wait for everything to rez. Once it does I find I can change outfits again with no problems.

• Like 1

haha Peewee :smileytongue:
Well, I logged my alts and myself in to Smith again this morning (quite a crowd there at times now!) and same again, one alt and myself cloud in one viewer and ruthed in another and one alt absolutely perfect. Just weird. Could change clothes from inventory even when a cloud but outfits stuck. I changed shape, bald base and skins again, no effect then I changed my eyes and hey presto, I instantly rezzed and things slowly began to improve. Now I'm rezzing fine and outfits are working again and I can wear the same eyes as I had on when things went bad. I did the same for my alt and she too began to improve although shoes went a bit awry but eventually sorted them too. My perfect alt looked on totally baffled as to what had caused all this. Thanks for all the suggestions and I guess I can now add 'change eyes' to the list when people ask how to escape being a cloud or ruthed. :)

btw. I had tried dragging a Library av onto me last night which had different eyes of course but it was changing eyes separately with a a pair I'd bought ages ago that worked.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.