Parts of my avatar are invisible when I put on alphas. The body I attach after is invis

Noraa Kozlov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Alpha layers only affect the system avatar and system clothing layers. It is expected behaviour that they hide these areas of the avatar.

Alpha layers do not hide mesh attachments. This behaviour will not change by reinstalling.

Additionally, this service is not here to answer queries about specific products. If you don't understand how to use a product you have bought, you should contact the creator. They may choose to help you (but are not required to).

You need to explain a bit more so we are sure what you mean.

I take it that you are wearing the alpha layers that come with your mesh head and body. As Freya Mokusei explains, those alpha layers do NOT affect attachments.

There are currently two problems that can cause your attachments to fail to render. One is your video driver. ATI/AMD drivers prior to version 15.2 (I think I have the version number right, check) will not properly render mesh attachments in SL. You have to roll back to a certain version, which I don't know, or get the latest version which is supposed to fix the problem.

If you are using Firestorm, Singularity, or another viewer that does ot have the AISv3 updates or have HTTPInventory disabled mesh attachments and lots of other stuff will fail to render on the regions in the RC channels. Presumably you problem is the video driver.

When you as a tech question, you need to include information about your viewer and computer. Use the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... to get the information. That captures driver version numbers. We need that info to give you something more than a guess.

Freya's comment about your question not being pertinent to the Answers section is mistaken. Freya is correct that product specific questions should be directed to the product designer. Trying to figure out alpha layer and attachment invisibility is not product specific, especially since we have a couple of known bugs that cause this behavior in all products.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.