My friends can't see when i come online and i keep checking the online status box

wadian Jonson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

You can't fix it, Wadian. It's a bug in the latest upgrade of the server software that's running on most sims. Show online/offline rights, map rights & object mod rights can no longer be given/revoked on Second Life Server 11.07.11.235326 (main channel) & RC BlueSteel 11.06.28.234196 by seemingly any non web profile viewer. See >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Known-issue-with-granting-revoking-permissions....  It's messing up Friends lists and a lot of other things for any viewer that is not using web profiles.

• Like 2

That's a matter of interpretation. The path is clearly toward V2 and has been for a long time. It is not in LL's economic interest to keep supporting technology that is obsolete, especially if they need to change the underlying code to make V2 work the way they want it to. You wouldn't expect the telephone company to keep putting a lot of effort into old style dial phones either. You can keep using an old model, but don't be surprised if it doesn't work well after a while and doesn't connect to the world beyond.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.