My avatar is wearing two pairs of shoes, but only one pair is showing up in the Worn Items column?

Medeisiel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, today I tried to change my clothes real quick in a store, however, there must have been fierce lag because it imposed one set of clothes over the other set.

1. I logged off, back in, still the same.

2. I tried to take items off but they would not come off. 

3. I replaced my outfit with another saved outfit, however, the first set of clothes I was originally wearing just showed through that.

4. I logged off longer and came back and was able to dress in a different saved outfit. However, the old orignial shoes I was wearing at the start of the whole ordeal are showing under my boots. 

Should I rebake? If so, what is the process? Are there other steps I can take instead?

Thank you! 

2 answers to this question

Good advice except for clearing the cache. ONLY clear your cache as a last resort.

Since this is your first post we can assume you are using the SL Viewer from the Lab. When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your posts with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

Try to correct your problem in a deserted and empty region, like; Pooley oor Furball. The fewer people and things n a region the better.

Once your Otfit folder is changed, relog. 

If that does not fix it, then clear your inventory cache. Shut down the viewer. You'll  find it here: C:\Users\[Win_login_ID]\AppData\Local\SecondLife\

Look for a file with your Avatar's UUID that looks like this: ba2a564a-fxh3-af1f-9c61-b7520bfcd09f.inv.gz Delete that file to clear your inventory cache. Start the viewer and see if the problem solves. Be sure you are logging into a deserted region.

These steps will save your main cache and hopefully fix your problem.

If that fails, you can try clearing the main cache. I wouldn't have much hope for it.

I would use a Library avatar or the default avatar to attempt to clear the problem. Replace your avatar with a Library avatar. Or in Develop->Avatar->Character Tests->[Test Female or Test Male]

If you don't have a DEVLOP on your top menu: Preferences->Advanced

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.