My AVI is a pink cloud. I get an alert that says my "clothes" can't be down loaded at this time.

TalonIronclaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

TalonIronclaw wrote:

My AVI is a pink cloud. Other AVIs can see me but I can't see me. I get an alert that says the systme can't download my clothes.  This has been going on for a week.  HELP or I will delete this account. 

Hallo, Taonironclaw

This is a common problem, often caused by an interruption or problem with a person's connection. There is full information how to fix it on this link ...

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

• Like 1

Marigold is right. This problem ismost often caused by a a poor connection to the SL servers. You may have a great Internet connection and still have a poor connection to SL. You can test the connection using this information: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Other things can cause the problem. You can elminate most of those by changing to the test avatar: Top menu, Develop - use Ctrl-Alt-Q to enable/disable the menu item, Avatar, Character Tests, Test Male/Female. If this test avatar renders as a cloud, it is a connection issue.

If the avatar renders start changing back to the avatar that was a cloud, one item at a time. You may find an item that is a problem. Some items corrupt (rare) or get removed for legal reasons. If you are wearing an item that has one of those problems, your avatar may fail to render. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.