Lost Hugable Baby

WadeW

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My wife is very upset, I was tp'ing her to a skybox and when she arrived, our baby she was holding had disappeared.

The doctor at the Hugable Babies want to charge $3k for a replacement, I cannot really afford that.

Is there anyway to get the baby back?

what happens to lost things that drop due to sl errors?

15 answers to this question

I believe there is a "lost item" place for things lost on sims. Not everything ends up there, but you can contact the sim owner and ask him or her to check for you. Also see if the creator of the baby offers any kind of retrieval box - I know some do, because this sort of thing happens. Otherwise, contact the creator and see if he or she can help you. (You said you spoke to "the doctors." I don't know what "doctors" you're talking about. Is the "doctor" the creator? Are these "doctors" designated support staff according to the creator?) If there is a group for this type of baby, you can also ask there what they suggest you do.

Please don't start another thread. Instead, edit this thread with any additional information - click "options" in the top-right corner of your original post, then choose "edit" in the drop-down menu. Or you can click "permalink" at the bottom of my post to comment on it.

• Like 1

Your wife should look in all of her inventory folders, including the Library folder.

Second Life Support may be able to help. They will require that you attempt all steps to recover the item as described on the SLwiki/inventory loss page.

Any time you cannot find a solution on your own, SL Support is always an option.

Lost items should go into the Lost & Found folder.

It's not uncommon for some attachments to appear to detach during a TP, or to actually detach.  When you teleport, your av and everything she is carrying have to be trasnferred from one server to another.  If you have a weak or intermittent Internet connection (for example, if you have been using wireless), or if you are carrying a heavy load of scripts and attachments, some things just won't make the trip. Usually, they simply detach and make it back into either the inventory folder where you usually store them or your Lost & Found folder.  Occasionally, they end up in the garbage collection area of one of the two sims.  I clean out the garbage collectors on our sims every couple of months and sometimes find 2 or 3 things that have gone astray for whatever reason.  You can check location <0.0,0.0,0.0> ( the sim's Southwest corner) yourself to see.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.