Is my current avatar (2009) the same as the new default avatars (2016) and where does Bento fit?

Codex Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I understand the Bento avatar is basically a new set of extra bones.

Is my current avatar (not changed from 2009) the same as the newer (2016) avatars provided for new signups?

Are the new (2016) avatars Bento-skeletoned?

If so, how would I go about updating my avatar to the new avatar skeleton, and is that even possible?

Would be nice of course, for testing in the future, for updated animations.

This new skeleton could affect any animations I may make for my products, would be nice to include finger animations, but right now I couldnt test with older avatar. Thanks

1 answer to this question

Your avatar, no matter how old, has the new Bento bones.  You will need a Bento-enabled viewer to see Bento animations; the latest release of the Linden Lab viewer, and the latest release of the Firestorm viewer, are Bento-enabled.  Other third party viewers may or may not have Bento in them yet.

To take advantage of Bento, you will also need animations that include motions of the Bento bones.  At this time, the only AO maker I know of that has Bento animations is Vista.  If you wear a mesh body, or mesh body parts like head or hands, they will also have to be rigged to take advantage of Bento.  Catwa has some Bento-aware heads.  Other makers will certainly be releasing Bento-enabled products.

You also have the newest "starter" avatars provided for new residents.  Look in your inventory, in the Library\Clothing\Initial Outfits folder.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.