I'm appearing as a red cloud and the game won't let me detach clothing in my inventory

FluffyCyan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't know what happened, my avatar was working fine and then I logged off and back on later now she's a red cloud. I tried to remove everything off her to set her to the "Girl Next Door", thinking it might be something with the Kemono avatar, but while I can remove clothing in the "current outfit" folder in my inventory as well as by right-clicking on the red cloud nothing happens. In the Kemono folder everything is still bolded and still on her and when I try and select Detach From Yourself in that folder it does nothing.

How do I fix this?

3 answers to this question

I don't know what happened, my avatar was working fine and then I logged off and back on later now she's a red cloud. I tried to remove everything off her to set her to the "Girl Next Door", thinking it might be something with the Kemono avatar, but while I can remove clothing in the "current outfit" folder in my inventory as well as by right-clicking on the red cloud nothing happens. In the Kemono folder everything is still bolded and still on her and when I try and select Detach From Yourself in that folder it does nothing.

How do I fix this?

Hi Fluffy,

It sounds like your viewer isn't able to make a good enough connection to SL to make the clothing changes, or there's a messed up viewer setting file. Have you tried an another viewer? I have both the official SL viewer and Firestorm, so I can quickly separate viewer and connection related issues.

Here's the Firestorm "bake fail" page...

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

And, should your problem be connection related, here's Nalates Urriah's page to help you troubleshoot and fix...

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

If switching viewers fixes the problem, and switching back makes it return, it may be time for a clean install. Nalates covers that, too...

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/02/22/second-life-clean-install/

Good luck!

• Like 2

Try loging off and back on.

If the problem persists, give it 30 minutes and try again. 

If the problem still persists, try the steps Madelaine McMasters recommends.

The problem is most often caused by a poor connection. Having a good Internet conection is not the same as having a good connection to the SL servers. So, test it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.