How do you pick Best body?

villenc1488317600

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How do you pick the Best body. I have the money to buy it, but there are different thing you will need for the avatar. I dont want to buy the same thing twice. I just want to know what I am doing when I re-buy a new complete avatar. I need to Know who are the best are the best selling compaines and also for my skin too. What do you suggest? I want to be the best i can be  but I really dont know where to look first. I've been gone for awhile from Sl. I'm back to  have fun.

4 answers to this question

There is no such thing as "the best" when it comes to apperance, because people have different preferences and one body I like might not suit your taste an vice versa. First you need to look around what bodies are available and then you test them all. Similar with skins. At best you test bodies and skin together.

I tend to agree with Alwin.

Ans trying the demos is important. When you try the demo turn onShow Draw Weight for Avatars. In the Linden made SL Viewer the setting is in the top menu item ADVANCED. This selection only shows if you have enabled it. Do so by pressing Ctrl-Alt-D. Select Performance Tools->Show Draw Weight... A number will apear above your avatar. The number is indication of how much work the viewer must do to render the avatar. Lower is better.

With each body note the weight and compare. Once your avatar's Draw Weight exceeds 120,000 my viewer is set to render you as a Jelly Baby. (See: Jelly Babies Are Coming) Low Draw Weight is important. The Lab has a viewer in the QA pipeline now that will provide information on how many people are rendering your avatar as a Jelly Baby and exposes the settings in Preferences, which means more people will use the settings.

If I am going to spend money on appearance, I want people to be able to see me.

Before you try on a body turn on Wire Frame mode (Ctrl-Shift-R - press again to turn off) and look at your classic avatar body. The mesh you see is about the right density of polygons for an avatar, 7,000+. A few more polygons and way better arrangement of them gives one a really good avatar. Most mesh bodies are well beyond the minimum that ptovides the best appearance and render optimiation.

Turn Wire Frame on again while wearing a demo body and check the density of its polygons. You want the lowest density, best appearance, and best joint flexing. Those last two are personal preference.

These steps will allow you to find the best body, at least in your opinion.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.