How can I get my avatar textures to work together?

Zar Metaller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

EDIT: It looks like maybe my new avatar was just a little late to arrive and I mistook an old model for the new one. Thanks so much for responding Zed! Definitley going to be a returning customer!

Sorry for the length of this, but I'd like to clarify everything with everyone at once. First of all, I'm shocked to hear from you Zed. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I thought it was a long shot trying to get the maker of my avatar to help, but I'm really impressed! You were right about my avatar being an old model, I purchased it years ago and wore it by mistake. I apologize for the mix up, I forgot I even had the older model and must have assumed that was what I had just purchased. However, I did just purchase the the new mesh model last night. Unfortunately, when I click on the folder “Realistek Mesh Dog Avatar” under received items, it's empty. Any idea why that is? Or if I could receive another copy? I have my receipt for it and everything. I just don't know why there's only the folder showing up and nothing else. Any help/advice from you is much appreciated and thanks again for taking the time to help me.

6 answers to this question

Hi Zar,

Like Trinity, I'm a li'l confused. If your avatar looks wrong to you, but others wearing the same avatar look right to you, I can't explain it. If others wearing the same avatar see themselves correctly, but not you, I can't explain it. Anyone wearing that avatar should appear the same in any particular viewer.

If you're saying you simply can't get your avatar to look like the ad copy, that's often because ad copy is photoshopped. It's a deceptive practice, but it happens. It doesn't sound like that's your issue.

If you're saying that you don't see this avatar correctly (whether worn by you or anyone else), but everyone else does, then it's an issue with your viewer or graphics drivers. If you have an AMD/ATI graphics card, there are known issues with rendering mesh. The latest beta driver is claimed to address at least some of these issues, you'll find it here...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

I've not got much mesh experience, so I'm going to bow out with a link to this...

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/mesh_issues

Good luck!

Hi im Zed .. i make that avatar.

The first image you post shows the very current full body mesh avatar.

The second image is a (sadly terribly lighted) early version which is built of a lot of sculpties ..its an OLD avatar from ages ago.

If you want to look like the first pic, you need to get the newest build!

• Like 3

Kudos to Zed Avedon, the avatar's creator, for chiming in with support!

I was going to say that your in world shot looks fine to me...for an avatar made out of regular prims or sculpties.  That's just the lighting making planes of the object that are canted at slightly different angles look different, a completely normal behavior.

It's nice to know that the current avatar is full mesh and doesn't have those shortcomings.  Either one is a beautiful dog (I'm a fan of German Shepherds!)

Sorry for the length of this, but I'd like to clarify everything with everyone at once. First of all, I'm shocked to hear from you Zed. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I thought it was a long shot trying to get the maker of my avatar to help, but I'm really impressed! You were right about my avatar being an old model, I purchased it years ago and wore it by mistake. I apologize for the mix up, I forgot I even had the older model and must have assumed that was what I had just purchased. However, I did just purchase the the new mesh model last night. Unfortunately, when I click on the folder “Realistek Mesh Dog Avatar” under received items, it's empty. Any idea why that is? Or if I could receive another copy? I have my receipt for it and everything. I just don't know why there's only the folder showing up and nothing else. Any help/advice from you is much appreciated and thanks again for taking the time to help me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.